[Phase-1] HIP-69 The Proof of Humanity Constitution

I’m game for the fork. Will be the best for everyone involved. All our energies will go directed towards building in different chains/ecosystems. Eventually we’ll all like each other again in the long run.

2 Likes

We can see if this proposal passes. If it does, the DAO would basically be unable to pass un-consensual stuff and we can work together.
If it doesn’t that could be a good constitution for one of the fork.

2 Likes
  1. Do you think HIP-52 is a better alternative?
  2. Do you think HIP-52 is a better alternative?
  3. In phase-2 only constitutional amendments require 3/4 consensus, while others HIPs require 2/3
  4. This is implied. Any HIP which violates the constitution is void.

Regardless if POH is on the board in HIP-52 then it needs governance. And the constitution, even if it’s goal is to reduce polarization, if it does not achieve that goal, there are other goals of the constitution which primarily include protecting the sybil resistance of the protocol. For example, a vote to set the deposit to 0 would be unconstitutional, or a vote the change the challenge period to 0, or a vote to change the arbitrator to 0x0…000 or a non-function one. This is an attempt the protect the protocol from it’s governance.

1. A bit. I expect that instead of getting delegations to get political power, people will focus on getting other politically aligned DAOs onboard.
  2. Yes.
  3. IMO you are underestimating how easy it will be to reach a 3/4 consensus. POH is a democracy that grows. It has grown chaotically and will continue to do so. Setting a 3/4 consensus will not incentivize agreements. It will incentivize the political race to get that voting power by onboarding voters to your side.
  4. I don’t think so.

A. Constitutions can be modified and eventually will.
B. Constitutions must be interpreted and will (not always in a way you approve).
C. Constitutions can be ignored/abused and eventually will.

I think that the current design will do a very poor job at A, B and C. At the end of the day, the Constitution is simply a way to get some stability in the political system, but the people and the political institutions of the system are still the ones in charge.

Regarding HIP-52, I’d rather go for a fork and I think that many people have already decided that’s POH’s next step. If we were to continue united, then I like HIP-52 and I even have some modifications in mind, but I’m not sure it would get enough support.

1 Like

okay yeah on point 4 yeah sorry I was trying to point out that its written in the constitution

All Proof of Humanity improvement proposals, HIPs, must satisfy the following articles, or are otherwise considered void.

but right draining the treasury doesn’t clearly and demonstrably break the sybil resistance of the protocol nor is it discriminatory if a HIP like the democratic heroes HIP passed (drain treasury to everyone who votes yes).

Yeah maybe there should be some treasury protections.

Even in a fork future, the forks need new governance systems so HIP-52 or a constitution or both are still worthy debates.

2 Likes