Resources: Developing on the Kovan testnet

To aid developers, Proof of Humanity is also running on the Kovan Ethereum testnet.

Contracts:

Test Humans:

• A Kovan instance of the webapp is running here: app-kovan.poh.dev
  • This instance is patched so that new submissions are immediately registered (no vouching, deposit or waiting period).
    • After accepting the wallet transaction, wait for a second transaction and accept that. The first is registration, the second is to start accruing UBI

Other resources:

10 Likes

Shoutout to Kleros (Aleix and @clesaege) for support, including building the proxy governor contract.

3 Likes

Update: the web app (proof-of-humanity-web) now has a Kovan deployment: app-kovan.poh.dev

2 Likes

Update: The Kovan webapp instance is now patched so that new submissions are immediately registered (no vouching, deposit or waiting period).

1 Like

Hi, the Dummy Contracts link is dead, looks like its moved to: posta/posta-contracts/contracts at main · JuanuMusic/posta · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks, it was caused by the repo rename to Posta. Fixed!

1 Like

FYI, I’ve deployed the ProofOfHumanityProxy.sol contract to the Kovan network here: 0xb270ee8830de2b8b184712b278610bb5610fa69e.

I needed to test the integration with PoH on the Kovan testnet, specifically calling the isRegistered function directly from the proxy contract and not from the main one. That is possible on mainnet but it wasn’t on Kovan as far as I know.

So I deployed the exact same proxy contract as the one on mainnet, and pointed it to the main PoH contract on Kovan: 0x73bcce92806bce146102c44c4d9c3b9b9d745794

2 Likes