Tokenomics for UBI

Really interesting Idea.
UBI DAO has some available funds and I know there are discussions about using those funds on the Humanitarian vaults.
If you have some clear thoughts on this, maybe try to put them in a way that they can be easily understood by everyone (even those not financially saavy) and start working on an HIP.

1 Like

From a quick Google search, The Cloud Peak Law Group offers the legal services for a DAO to become legally recognized in Wyoming. We would have to vote to put funds towards those legal fees.

Link:
https://wyomingllcattorney.com/Blog/What-is-a-DAO-LLC

It’s a mathematical consequences of the money creation. But there is an alternative:

@clesaege True, it will decrease the prices. So there is a constant inflation, but it doesn’t matter because the UBI with Duniter increase in sync with this inflation.

1 Like

Looks very interesting, it would be a good idea for the new MB to look into this possibility.

I would say that if we implement that UBI burn away at a percentage each year then we would have a system that would be very similar to what is described in the video.

I think the current theory of UBI is that “volonteer” burn from future associated companies/businesses would be where the sink is. It is very hard right now to know how that would go. My thought right now is that we should let this experiment play out. Might fail, but it is just one of many experiments.

1 Like

Hi!

Saw someone suggest to use UBI as collateral for an algorithmic stablecoin pegged to USD.

I like this idea, but there is an issue with this, mainly that this stablecoin would not be resistant to arbitrary government printing (inflation).

A better idea would be to peg the stablecoin to 1 trillionth of the Gross World Product. This would be much more “universal”.

I think it’s not a good idea for using UBI as a collateral (neither for a stablecoin or for loans).

UBI has an enormous sell pressure and close to 0 buy pressure sadly.

Would you save on a Stablecoin that uses UBI as collateral ?

I won’t

I just burned 8 months of UBI, since I’m a resident of a first-world country and am doing well enough without spending UBI, I’m happy to do my part to increase the value of all other UBI. I’m sad to see that the value continues to drop, I hope this forum keeps active and ideas on how to make UBI more viable/useful for those who most urgently need it continue to be discussed.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone. UBI DAO has its own Governance Forum. I invite you to continue this and other debates at UBInomics - UBI DAO Governance Forum

:heart: :droplet:

This sounds very doable and rich with all kinds of human possibilities!