About the Proof of Humanity category

Submit your ideas here for improving Proof of Humanity in any way. Whether it’s vouching, economics or tinkering with

OK, I’m one of the first humans challenged due to a silly mistake in the ETH address. I’m at risk of losing my deposit (which equates to about half a salary where I live).

In my humble opinion, there should be a previous instance to catch all of these minor cases and just notify them of an error. It may be incentivized by a small percentage over the deposit, but by no means it should be penalized with the entirety of it, as many people will take this as a personal attack.

Keep in mind that, if a trained person like me, familiarized with ETH to the point I’m developing some smart contracts, can make a silly mistake like that, a myriad of newbies will fall for it too. It’s completely unadvisable to deal with these cases in the same tier as actual malicious attackers uploading deepfakes and such.

Therefore, I propose a first instance where already established members can look for minor mistakes like typos and such, and send them a warning or notification in exchange for a small amount from the deposit. This way, the person will have the chance to amend the error, and the entire process will not suffer from such a draconian take on novice people making bona fide errors.

3 Likes

I am having trouble cracking the vouch enigma, if I don’t know anyone that can vouch for me, how do I obtain one?

I agree fully; small mistakes should allow a method of correction without losing deposit. Even for those of us in high income areas that ETH deposit is very high. I was very unsure when I submitted everything even though I know enough about Crypto. Since I haven’t been vouched for I’m been sitting on pins and needles for over 3 weeks; always wondering if there is something wrong with my submission causing me to not get a vouch.

I can’t imagine how any of my friends feel that know nothing about the space; those who barely know what a Crypto Address looks like, much less how to use MetaMask. Any endeavor involving UBI needs to inherently be newbie friendly (easy to follow with plenty of examples.)

3 Likes