In the last couple of weeks, we discussed many different ideas on how to select the proposals as specified in HIP 34.
These are a couple of ideas:
- Elect as a proposer anyone that requests to be a proposer.
- Elect people that participated in the forum.
- Make all registered humans automatically a proposer.
- Make humans with a threshold UBI balance automatically a proposer.
- Require proposers to put an eth deposit, that can be challenged in case of spam.
Assuming we have a decent set of proposers, imho we would have always one honest proposer and the DAO will be functional. So I believe we shouldn’t dwell too much on these questions or try to look for the ideal solution, but pick any option that is good enough.