[Electing] A 5th board member

This is the election thread for a 5th board member, specified by HIP-21.

I propose that we allow 14 days for candidates to come forward from the date of this post.
The election will be held by approval voting.

Who will stand for election?

6 Likes

Hello humans. As an introduction, please see my delegation post :point_left:.

I am here to serve the community and build a protocol that is critical to fully realizing web3. The office should seek the person, not the person the office. I am running because several community members I respect asked me to. Regardless of winning I am here participating!

Whether you vote for me or not, please :point_right: take a moment to leave some anonymous feedback. Regardless of winning, I want to understand everyone’s priorities. I won’t share any feedback publicly; it’s just for me.

Thanks to @Mads for all the work he has done on HIPs, including the Mission Board!

7 Likes

For clarification:

• The only thing required to be a candidate is to write your intention to be a candidate in this thread.
  • How you want to convince people to vote for you is up to you.
  • You are welcome to discuss your candidature in this thread.
  • The deadline for candidates is on the 4th of August.
3 Likes

Since @Justin is the only candidate, but an election is still required, I have set up a confirmation vote:
https://snapshot.org/#/poh.eth/proposal/QmRPYSq6UWwU6WPYQLEsgaZs3WCav6ueTAMg9sxYzMi2px

6 Likes

Thanks for taking care of the whole process @Mads

2 Likes

So, the confirmation vote for @Justin ended, and we can welcome him to the board with a unanimous vote of confidence. Congrats @Justin.

Note that since you have the seat with the latest expiration date (August 12th, 2026) you also have the tie-breaker vote on the board until someone new is elected.

8 Likes