How do I register if I don't already know someone on the registry?

Hello

I enjoyed listening to Santiago Siri’s interview on the Defiant podcast this week and it made me want to learn more about Proof of Humanity and potentially register with PoH. The thing I don’t understand is, how am I supposed to find someone to vouch for me? Obviously I don’t know personally anybody who is already registered, and it says in FAQs that you should only vouch for somebody you have met in real life. I’m not sure how to overcome this hurdle…

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Myles

1 Like

Hi,
most of us were also in this situation initially and so a few crowdvouching groups started up. You join a waitlist to be verified over video call, and you agree to vouch two more people in the waitlist once you have been accepted to the registry.

Of course there is a risk with this as you should only vouch people you know to be human and who aren’t already registered, and it is a bit of a task browsing the existing registrations for duplicates. I made a little tool to find similar faces in the registered users to help with this.
Crowdvouching becomes harder to do as the network grows, but hopefully as the network grows the need for it becomes smaller too. The other option is to wait until someone you know irl can vouch for you.

Here is a link to one of the crowdvoucher groups: Crowdvoucher Telegram

1 Like

Hi Isaac

Thanks for your reply, that’s really helpful, I’ll sign up on the telegram group.

Myles