One - Year - PoH Party Preperations

So this is growing fast. I guess it’s time to plan for our fully anonymous in person events.

First Ideas:

• Events hosted by local nodes, nodes can coordinate to make parties bigger
  • Launch the exact time of the UBI->Mainnet first aniversary
  • real-world circles form on each party and where we ceremonially verify each others humanity.
  • Full face masks mandatory. Let’s have a “LARP GM” Support Team to help nodes arrange the details.
  • I might be able to help with acid supply chain management.
  • Having arranged a few larger parties, I suggest we start arranging logistics for a few key nodes as of today.
  • Maybe we can also plan some travel arrangements?

->>> OK, let’s start in Buenos Aires at the exact aniversary, and then have a party-crew travel around the world in 80 days from party to party with zero carbon travel options???

(take a deep breath and chill now)

…?!

2 Likes

Further, the initial LARP will start as you floating in the cybersea, alone.

IRL Task One: Find Land! - Party Location is everything events, so check out and secure them ASAP.

In 2012 Burning Man formed a non-profit and in 2016 they bought Fly Ranch, a permanent physical space to further the 10 burning man principles

Some are aware that Mars Robertson is spearheading an effort to purchase an island with the island DAO. Some of the island DAO (formerly branded baseX island) plans are listed here, including an idea to launch a $ISLAND governance token. Let’s use the island DAO to host POH parties with a gifting economy based on $ubi. Here’s the island pitch.

Now it took burning man 40 years until fly ranch was materialized. Things in the blockchain space move much more quickly. It took facebook 7 years to reach a billion users, Proof of Humanity launched a couple months ago and already has several thousand users, growing day by day, whose to say Proof of Humanity can’t do it faster especially with $ubi as an incentive to sign up. Some are learning about wallets and private keys for the first time. I’m sure the cypherpunks would be happy to see a day when billions of users on Proof of Humanity have private keys and can participate in an encrypted secure digital world.

I will leave you with some inspiration:

I know all of this sounds like day dreaming, but it’s our obligation to imagine a brighter future. As Rutger Bregman opens his book, Utopia for Realists with a quote by Oscar Wilde

a map of the world that does not include Utopia is not worth even glancing at, for it leaves out the one country at which Humanity is always landing. And when Humanity lands there, it looks out, and seeing a better country, sets sail. Progress is the realisation of utopias

Bregman, an advocate for universal basic income, puts in more clearly,

It’s time to return to utopian thinking.
We need a new lodestar, a new map of the world that once again includes a distant, uncharted continent – “Utopia.” By this I don’t mean the rigid blueprints that utopian fanatics try to shove down our throats with their theocracies or their five-year plans – they only subordinate real people to fervent dreams. Consider this: The word utopia means both “good place” and “no place.” What we need are alternative horizons that spark the imagination. And I do mean horizons in the plural; conflicting utopias are the lifeblood of democracy, after all.

It’s time humanity was more ambitious.

Antonio Gramci, the Italian Marxist, highlights the issues, or morbidity as he puts it, with modern society and discusses the ‘crisis of authority’ in the current order in his famous quote as follows:

‘The crisis consists precisely in the fact that the old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear

Moreover recent works has reexamined Gramci’s ideas in our current 21st century context. As discussed in this article, current global crisis is described as

The liberal international order (LIO) is in crisis. The near-collapse of the global financial system in 2008; the emergence of ‘statist’ economies (especially the BRIC(S) states) as a counter-model; the rise of right-wing movements across Europe and the United States since the crisis; the Brexit vote and Trump’s election in 2016—these are just the most obvious signs. All these events challenge the various pillars of the LIO, from institutions of global governance to economic openness or multilateral trade and security cooperation. Few scholars and commentators would deny that the LIO currently faces the greatest and deepest challenge since its establishment after the Second World War.Two core questions accompany this diagnosis: Is there a possibility of ‘renewal and reorganization’ to save the LIO for the future? And: What comes next?

The morbidity of the ‘symptoms’ stems from their identification as outgrowths of the ‘dying’ order. The symptoms that Gramsci observed during his lifetime were, for example, open political violence; outbreaks and manifestations of mass discontent; the rise and acceptance of extreme political positions and their respective leaders; shifts in international relations of unprecedented dimensions; and the sudden depletion of once strong institutions. Those symptoms are morbid because they show that the existing order suffers from existential problems that are unlikely to be solved within the limits of the old framework. At the same time, a new, hegemonically stable order does not seem to be on the rise, ready to supplant the old one. This crisis period is thus shaped by morbidities that cannot be managed but at the same time do not represent a viable alternative for the future.

What these academics are not aware of however, is that there is a new radical, hegemonically stable order building to replace the old frameworks — this is clear enough in the rise of DAOs and the Ethereum community. The only remaining question is how to transition from old to new takes place. Nation states will not simply capitulate. The new frameworks with blockchain innovations are not entirely incompatible with the old order. Its not a mutual exclusion. DAOs can co-exist with nation states.

3 Likes