[Phase 1] HIP-43 Add "Proof of Humanity" to the mandatory phrase

HIP 43

HIP: 43
title: Add “Proof of Humanity” to the mandatory phrase
author: nicobilinkis.eth
created: 2022-6-9

Simple Summary / Resumen Simple

Change the words “in this registry” to “in the Proof of Humanity registry”

Cambiar las palabras “en este registro” por “en el registro de Proof of Humanity”

Abstract

PoH entrants, or those who renew their registration, will have to say a new phrase that includes the name of the project for their video. Those who choose to do it in Spanish will say the whole phrase in spanish, and the name of the project as it is. Mispronunciations for this new part, would be allowed such as they are allowed right now for the rest of the phrase.

Los registrantes para Proof of Humanity, o los que renueven su registro, tendrán que decir una nueva frase que incluya el nombre del proyecto para su video. Los que elijan hacerlo en español, dirán la frase completa en español, y el nombre del proyecto como tal. Los errores de pronunciación para esta nueva parte, se permitirían tal y como se permiten ahora para el resto de la frase.

Motivation / Motivación

HIP-42 raised a lot of debate around speech recognition as a factor to identify duplicates. As discussed previously, text content itself wasn’t the most important aspect, but still played a part for easier recognition. This is one of the reasons why I believe this HIP is important, adding the name of the project to the phrase could be used as a common base for text-dependent speech recognition in case it gets implemented at some point.

On another order of things, the main motivation for HIP-42, was to make it easier for farming victims to understand what they were getting into. Saying a phrase that they didn’t fully understand was not good. So, in order to help on that matter too, having the project’s name in the phrase, also makes it easier to understand the purpose of the video, and could help those farming victims. Just a simple Google search, and they would find the project.

La HIP-42 generó un gran debate en torno al reconocimiento de la voz como factor para identificar duplicados. Como se ha comentado anteriormente, el contenido del texto en sí no era el aspecto más importante, pero seguía desempeñando un papel para facilitar el reconocimiento. Esta es una de las razones por las que creo que esta HIP es importante, ya que añadir el nombre del proyecto a la frase podría servir de base común para el reconocimiento de voz dependiente del texto en caso de que se implemente en algún momento.

En otro orden de cosas, la principal motivación para la HIP-42, era facilitar que las víctimas de farming entendieran en qué se estaban metiendo. Decir una frase que no entendían del todo no era bueno. Así que, para ayudar también en este aspecto, el hecho de que el nombre del proyecto figure en la frase también facilita la comprensión del propósito del vídeo, y podría ayudar a las víctimas de farming a encontrar el proyecto con una simple búsqueda en Google.

8 Likes

Sounds like a good idea!

1 Like

I support this proposal! Also kudos for taking the feedback from the community and acting on it!

Me parece muy buena idea. Mientras más claro sea el mensaje mejor.

1 Like

Not as good as having only one sentence, but at least gives 3 identical words between submissions for people/AIs to try to find duplicates. I support the proposal.

3 Likes

I support this too. Nice improvement.

1 Like