Use the WETH currently owned by the DAO to airdrop humans who have actively participated in POH. This is the most democratic way of allocating the funds, because even minorities will have a voice on how to use the DAO’s assets and we will avoid any fund allocation drama. Each politically active human will receive around 0.077 ETH (~105 USD at the time of writing).
As most people reading this may know, active humans have contributed greatly to the adoption and improvement of Proof of Humanity over the past year and a half. The following is a non exhaustive list of contributions (I invite everyone to expand the list in the comment section):
- Organizing vouching groups and participating in them. Not only free vouching for people who don’t know anyone inside POH is provided, but also has the humanitarian function of checking the profiles to prevent honest mistakes in submissions.
- Crowdfunding submissions. Several people have organized groups that help poor people register POH and provided funds + gas fees necessary to do so.
- Volunteer developers have contributed to the project from different angles. Just to name a few examples (but there are so many more!): Ruben’s UBI Burner, Emiliano’s Vaults, JuanuMusic’s Posta and UBI v2, Bilinckis’ contributions to the UI.
- Several people have spent countless hours trying to improve the registration policies as can be seen in several HIPs and forums.
- Social media volunteers, such as telegram and discord admins, who help others during onboarding and creators of tutorials and documentation.
- Some others, like the Proof of Integrity folks, go an extra mile to educate people in need about financial freedom, UBI and POH.
- Democratic participation itself is an honorable task.
- Of course all the work done by the Kleros team.
Most of the politically active humans have already dedicated their time and money to improve POH and make it grow. Something fascinating is that this energy, far from dwindling, is increasing.
I’ve seen many different views about how to spend or not spend the DAO’s assets. To be honest, most of them seem like a good idea. The problem is that it is hard to reach a consensus and, if we do, the majority would be imposing their ideas over the minorities.
If we agree on an airdrop to the people who actively participate in POH, then each individual will use the airdrop as they best see fit. Some may organize themselves to fund the research of alternative arbitrators or of Proof of Humanity iterations (v2, v3, etc.). Some others may use the airdrop to keep building. Others may use it to help and educate new users, advertise the project and increase adoption. Some others may use it for themselves (and that is ok too! They’ve earned it, so we could see that as retroactive funding).
As an example: HIP-49 got 247 supporters but that wasn’t enough to pass the proposal. If these 247 humans are really interested in alternative arbitrators, they can use the 19 ETH from this airdrop to research and develop it.
I’ll argue with anyone that an airdrop like this is the most democratic way of allocating the DAO’s funds.
Let the politically active humans decide the allocation of resources democratically and without imposing ideas over minorities.
Distribute all the WETH (~46.48) among humans that are registered in POH and voted in 2 HIPs or more in Snapshot before the date this post was published. Votes made through delegation count as long as the human has voted at least once directly.
If my calculations are right, there are around 600 eligible humans, which means that each one of them is entitled to ~0.077 WETH (105 USD at the time of writing). Needless to say, this number has to be calculated precisely before moving to phase 2 (help is appreciated here).
In order to respect everyone’s opinion, the airdrop of people who vote against the HIP in Phase 2 or 3 will remain in the governor and can be later used through democratic consensus. These remaining funds can’t be airdropped recursively using iterations of this HIP in the future.
To make the airdrop more efficient, the WETH will be converted to ETH first. The transactions to each human can happen in a batch transaction or an airdrop contract can be used. Bridging the WETH to Gnosis Chain or similar before distributing it could be a good idea too. Other ideas are welcome. We can discuss the preferred airdrop method in phase 2.
- I support this HIP
- I support this HIP with a few modifications (please comment)
- I don’t support this HIP
- I will think about it