HIP: 39 title: Election rules for elected officials author: Mads Engelund status: Phase-2 created: 2022-02-11
This proposal implements rules for how members are elected for official positions are elected with a defined expiration date - currently only the “Mission Board”.
This proposal creates rules for how to deal with elections in PoH - allowing any member to open the election if the mandate of a post expires in less than three months. Candidates must be solicited on all official channels.
Soon most of the mission board posts will expire (June 5th). At that time we should have a robust procedure to elect new ones.
- When a mandate for an official PoH position expires within 3 months any member may open an election thread to find a replacement. The member opening this thread will be called the election moderator.
- The election moderator cannot hold or be up for the election of any official post from the time of the creation of the official thread until the termination of the election.
- If several positions expire within 3 months of the same type at the opening of the thread, then the thread must cover the election of all positions of the same type.
- Candidates must be solicited on all “Community-managed” (see HIP-16) channels and at least one month must be allowed for finding candidates and the deadline must be clearly communicated in the official thread.
- All candidates must declare their intention to run in the official thread.
- The election moderator can within one week of the declaration deadline open an approval voting vote on Snapshot, where the candidate(s) with the most votes will be chosen for the available positions.
Specific rules for the “Mission board”
- “Mission Board” members whose post is up for re-election cannot moderate the rules for an election for the “Mission Board” itself. Such members will also be excluded from board votes on the topic of the election.
- If the election moderator fails to uphold the requirements, non-excluded members of the “Mission Board” can appoint a new election moderator.