Implement a Pigovian tax on idle vouchers. The tax will progressively decrease the human’s drip rate, based on the formula, over a period of time, until it hits zero or a minimum. Humans can work their way back to the average rate over time by increasing their vouching activity.
The tax rate should reflect the following variables:
Number of users onboarded to the registry
As humans onboarded to the registry increase the protocol’s opportunity cost of idle participants decrease
- Increase registry growth rate
- Isolates a target demographic of users that highly value UBI to become active ambassadors.
- Decreases UBI inflation by disincentivizing idleness
- Promotes citizens of the registry to be unselfish
- Promotes usage of Vouchers Marketplace
- Creates information asymmetry in what the basic/average income is
- Creates complexity for idle users that want to reach the average income by increasing their vouching activity