Project: Gaia Gallery Title: Gaia Gallery - A Human Collection of Creativity Author: Tara (ArkaYana.eth) Status: Planning Created: 12th December 2022
GM human beans!
I have have set up a simple contract already that is ready to deploy. NFTs can be deployed as 1of1 or editions. I can also do batch uploads to save gas costs.
Edit: I have deployed the contract on Goerli which anyone can view on Etherscan Goerli Testnet
The Gaia Gallery is a vetted, professional quality NFT collection for human artists in the PoH community, with profits supporting the artists and collection.
In the wake of A.I generated art, the Gaia Gallery seeks to provide a space for real human artists to showcase their work. A percentage of the profits and selling fees will be used for regenerative finance, providing support for the artists and the progression of the collection, as well as burning UBI tokens.
The motivation behind the Gaia Gallery is to provide a space for real human artists, verified by PoH, to showcase their work and have the opportunity to sell their creations as unique, authenticated digital assets. With the proliferation of A.I generated art, it is important to provide a space for human creativity to thrive and be celebrated. Additionally, the use of regenerative finance helps to support the artists and the progression of the collection. It also gives us work to showcase at live events and promote NFT sales in the collection.
The Gaia Gallery will be implemented as an NFT collection using the manifold.xyz platform. I will have full control over the contract initially, but can easily grant admin permissions to trusted parties in the DAO. A percentage of the profits and selling fees will be used for regenerative finance, providing support for the artists and the progression of the collection. Works in the collection should be to a high standard, similar to curated collections on SuperRare or FND to drive sales, interest, and illustrate our professionalism as a protocol.
The first step in implementing the Gaia Gallery will be to deploy the contract using manifold.xyz. I will then begin organizing the curation of the collection alongside the DAO for democratic input, identifying talented artists and inviting them to showcase & sell their work in the gallery via competitions, events, etc. The community will be an important catalyst in marketing the gallery and driving sales, with the majority of profits and selling fees used for regenerative finance goals in the PoH and UBI ecosystem. Provided the collection garners attention, this will also function as a launchpad of sorts for emerging and underappreciated talent in the community into a flourishing creative career in Web 3.
It could really illustrate Proof of Humanity’s capacity to build long-lasting, impactful systems that help alleviate poverty, promote human creativity, generate social media buzz, create jobs and social wealth. These are all very important points that philanthropists and altruistic investors look for in a project!
I can grant admin permissions to trusted parties in the DAO to help manage and curate the collection if it achieves significant success, maintaining our democratic spirit. Additionally, I want to plan events, competitions, and other initiatives to engage the community and further support the artists in the collection to help kickstart the PoH Creator’s Guild.
Some of you will rememeber I ran some primilinary experiments for this a while ago via the mascot naming competitions and POAPs, which can be viewed here on poap.xyz
Avenues of Expansion:
- We could eventually integrate this with TalentLayer to provide a curated list of creative professionals, verified by PoH. Alternatively we could build our own in-house professional network.
- Expand the collection to include a wider variety of mediums, such as music and videos, in addition to visual art.
- Explore collaborative NFTs to create truly outstanding works that have the potential to go viral, combining the efforts of artists, musicians, animators, writers, and performers.
- Plan and host events, such as exhibitions and competitions, to engage the community and support the artists in the collection.
- Explore partnerships with other organizations, such as art schools and galleries, to further support and promote the artists in the collection.
- Establish a mentorship program to connect experienced artists with those who are newer to the field.
- Explore collaborations with other NFT collections and projects, such as cross-promotion and joint events.
My proposed responsibilities as the curator:*
- Curate the collection (or source curation to Kleros Curate)
- Manage the sale of NFTs, including setting prices and facilitating transactions
- Use profits for regenerative finance, providing support for the artists and the collection, funding new registrations to PoH, burning UBI
- Grant admin permissions to trusted parties in the DAO to help manage and curate the collection
- Plan and host events, competitions, and other initiatives to engage the community and support the artists
- Explore partnerships with other organizations to further support and promote the artists in the collection
- Develop and implement additional features and tools to support the artists and the collection
- Provide support and assistance to artists, including answering questions and addressing any issues or concerns
- Monitor and maintain the contract and platform, ensuring smooth and secure operation of the collection
- Continuously evaluate and improve the collection, staying up-to-date with industry developments and trends.
Does the project need a grant or wage?
If the proposal recieves high approval, I would appreciate atleast a very small grant to cover the Ethereum gas costs of deploying the contract, embedding royalties, minting NFTs to the collection. I would be taking out my food budget to fund this otherwise, which isn’t a sustainable option for obvious reasons.
*I would be genuinely happy to persue this as a ‘Creative Director’ DAO employee or part of broader role. This way I can allocate more of my time to the project and actively persue all of my proposed responsibilities. However I would need a wage of sorts to justify giving up Web 2 work.
Although as we are forking, I realize this might not be appropriate at this exact time.
I hope this is an appealing project to get PoH more creative, more connected, more social media presence, illustrating our capacity for ReFi, and building the community in a positive, productive manner
Edit: Ironically the hashtag #HumanArtists is trending on Twitter. There is a clear public interest that we could spearhead here!