Final post for today!
Find the fully formatted document with headings & subheadings which you may find easier to navigate over on my Google Drive @ Proof of Humanity - Expansion Concepts & Improvements
“Proof Of Competency”:
- Users with verified competency in specialist subjects
- Qualifications verified by Kleros or in-house produced Proof of Humanity qualification verifying blockchain technology
- Example: Saudi Armaco blockchain qualification verification - Saudi Aramco invests in blockchain qualification verification system - Ledger Insights - enterprise blockchain
Extends use cases for Proof of Humanity with a specialist verification system:
Utilizing PoH to create a Sybil-proof, curated recruitment & specialist list
- Similar concept: Accreditations and qualifications - ORCID
- Creates opportunities for the freelance researcher, technical, and consultant gig economy
- Provides specialists with provable dispute & mediation experience in their chosen industry/s, facilitating career progression and skills acquisition.
- Illustrates the crypto industry possesses the capability to operate in high-level academic, institutional & human resource environments
Enables Kleros courts to confidently operate in specialists fields - Legal, medical, linguistic, academic, etc
Could naturally be expanded to create the basis for a global “Academic Humanity Network” (See blockchain academic publishing study illustrating key market gap: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fbloc.2019.00019/full#F1
- Short Summary: Current academic publishing environment is highly fragmented, inefficient, expensive, and difficult for new & upcoming researchers to successfully break into ~ Illustrates clear market gap that PoH could tap into with a supplementary or standalone product (Particularly as the number of people with degrees & an interest in research not having a platform to utilize their skills is a rapidly growing general concern in the media)
Known competitors in this industry: Eureka Platform & Science Matters (same parent company). Orvium (Ties to CERN).
Danger of Kleros Jury identification being compromised
Specialists may have complex & justifiable disagreements that require extended time periods to reach consensus
Back-end software development required to automate the process in line internet 3.0 efficiency & automation principles
Security concerns regarding storing user credentials & information.
Hide user’s Proof of Competency from public Proof of Humanity profile (Only half a fix as users could still be identified over time through personal interest & conversation)
Separate Proof of Competency into its own academic / employment network as an independent product from Proof of Humanity / Kleros Courts (Key issue: Splinters the community)
Create a “Tier 2” layer of identification attached to profile, providing user approved & limited access to academic experience & credentials. ( Further considerations, and industry examples given in the “Tiered History” subheading of Section 2: Industry Specific PoH Use Cases )
Look forward to further discussion, feedback, etc. I realize a lot of this may be looking far into the future, or perhaps a little fantastical, but I think that’s part of the fun!
Have a lovely day everyone & apologies if this isn’t posted in the right place. (Been some time since I’ve used forums!)