Proof of Humanity Meetup in Paris šŸ‡«šŸ‡·

Hey everyone, EthCC is happening between July 20 to 22 and many of us are thinking about doing a POH meetup where we could do some mass vouching and generation of human profiles.

Who is going to be in town? Letā€™s make this happen.

cc @federicoast @clesaege @Justin @Jrag @RoboTeddy @paulaberman

9 Likes

I will be attending! A PoH meetup is a must! Havenā€™t picked accommodations yet, would be nice to stay in the same area as everyone else if anyone wants to share.

1 Like

Yes, we definitely must have a PoH meetup. We will start looking for some place to host it.

1 Like

With the Kleros team we all typically stay at the same house. Iā€™ll let you know when we have decided where.

(Itā€™s usually in the suburbs or some ā€œnot very touristic areaā€ as itā€™s super expensive to get a house for many people in Paris)

3 Likes

Great idea, letā€™s distribute POAP NFTs to all people onboarded there!
ā€œProof of Human in Parisā€

6 Likes

Iā€™m an ordinary masterā€™s student based in Berlin, interested in social blockchain applications, computational social choice theory, game theory, and so on.

My background is applied math, so not informatics/computer science, so Iā€™m a novice trying to wrap my head around basic smart contract development using Truffle with several other TU Berlin students. If we can secure tickets for international students, then we would love to attend and learn. For other international students interested in attending, there are 150 tickets allocated for this purpose. Applications here under ā€˜International Studentsā€™ or the ā€˜Volunteerā€™ option.

If anyone attends TU Berlin, there are a couple interesting courses:

These are partially how I discovered about Democracy.Earth, Pia Manciniā€™s TED Talk on Upgrading Democracy, and sparked some of my initial interest.

Any other students or novices lurking in these message boards who are interested in attending, please message me and we can share on our journey in learning.

2 Likes

Slightly unrelated, but here are a couple papers that also caught my interest in digital democracy, maybe useful for other novices,

1 Like

I wonā€™t be there but have major FOMO!!! And Iā€™m happy to help out with anything if I can. This will be amazing :smiley: :smiley:

Awesome Iā€™ll probably be there ā€” keep me updated on any shared PoH housing plans!

2 Likes

Hey! @AnnaKaic and me are going also. Do you have already a place? Would love to be part of the PoH experience.

Booked a hotel and train. I will be in Paris from the afternoon of the 19th to the 23rd. Staying very close to the venue (Maison de la MutualiteĢ, Paris, France). First in-person conference in over a year, excited!

3 Likes

Someone crowfund me to goā€‹:relieved::hugs::rofl:

Hola soy Dominicano quien me finacea un viaje a EspaƱa :es: toy que no veo por ir a EspaƱa :es:

Iā€™m going to eth ParĆ­s :exploding_head:!!

1 Like