Remove vouch if a profile cancels submission

Hi there. I realized that I was able to cancel my submission and reapply without losing my vouch, and I think this could be a problem for the voucher.

In my case I got stuck in Santi´s wheel. After a few weeks some people kindly offered to vouch me so I re checked my profile. With the experience gained about challenges in those weeks I decided to cancel my submission and reapply with a better video. I got vouched by a second human and got registered.

Now I am wondering what would have happened if I would have misused that trust from Santi to vouch for me, and upload a bot or duplicated video from someone else when reapplying. As far as I know, Santi would have been removed as well if I got challenged.

So, I suggest what the title says. If a profile decides to cancel his or her submission, they should lose their vouch in order to protect the voucher.

Thank you for reading.

3 Likes

Does seem odd that the vouch stays - I wonder if there is a technical reason, or if it was just a edge case not thought of?

Could it be an error on your submission only? Upon checking the Removed profiles, only those that were from a dispute have their vouchers still showing up.

Also, wouldn’t a person in vouching phase that canceled his submission hasn’t technically reached the registration phase and so re-applying either with the same or a different address doesn’t make the second attempt a duplicate?

Exactly, this is the expected behavior “trust is risk”, if Santi puts trust in you, this means that you can use it in a way which is harmful to Santi. If Santi doesn’t believe you won’t he shouldn’t have vouched for you.
Trust here is given to the address owner not a particular submission, if you were malicious you could have registered before anyways as I doubt that Santi is gonna go through all the submissions or use ML techniques (matching your face/video with other submissions) to try to find out if you are already registered. Note that the punishment is not that high and he could reapply.

2 Likes

This makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you for clarifying this Clement. Now I get why it is designed like this.