Should there be a "This is a Beta version of PoH" Banner in the site?

I do not think people are aware that this is not a finished product and it is still in it’s developing stage. Maybe a clarification, like in any other project site would be good to make it clear that user experience may vary from time to time.

1 Like

I agree with you that this makes sense, especially as many proposals and improvements will be made in the near future.

1 Like

Totally makes sense. It will serve as caution as well

1 Like

beta version has to do with versions that are not production ready and could be confused with something being on an Ethereum testnet rather than on the mainnet.

This is a concept that belongs to web2 more than web3 standards.

1 Like

Ok not a beta. Got it. What other sort of warning/disclaimer could we be using to notice noCoiners, people completely outside of web3 dev cycle that this is an early stage of the project?

The app has all kinds of warnings to protect user’s privacy and recommends best practices. I don’t think it’s relevant putting excuses… we should simply focus on improving the product anywhere we can.

Agree. On the same vein, however, we have enough data (as in “number of errors preventable with proper warnings/education prior to the registry”) to say that the level of the “Add submission” screen that could be a little bit unflattend (nothing much, nothing scary or anything, just the right amount of error-prevention texts). No one is scared to the “Mind the gap” sign in the Metro, right?

1 Like

How about Version Number and Date. Gives folks an idea on how long this has been around.

2 Likes

I Agree with Ludovico. We should establish a bit more info on registering page. For example a proposal was to set a pop-up when you self-fund that ask to do it only if you are and experienced user. This was to encourage the user to submit, test, ask for advice and then crowdfund themselves for example.
This is just an example. But the UI can be too minimalistic for the inexperienced user.

1 Like