Stepping Down from my Mission Board Member role

Dear Humans:
In light of the recent events from all parties, I’m resigning from my position as a Board Member.
I do not hold anyone accountable for this decision. This is my decision only, after facing the fact that I’m not built for what it’s required.
I thought of being a Mission Board Member as a way to guide, and help the community to understand different aspects of what the technicalities of a DAO mean.
Unfortunatelly, it all went down the political sink, which rather than building a new political system, we just stayed on the same old Politics 1.0

I know not everyonew agrees with this point of view, but rather than discussing or defending, I decided to step down from this possition, since I don’t feel I’m up to the task.

I never felt like a leader, but a trusted member, and I thought that was going to be my role, but unfortunatelly, the community was actually looking for something else. I really hope that the “leader” figure turns into role model than a leader in the future, but for now, it looks like democratic DAOs still rely on the good old ways.

We need less leaders, and more role models.

Thanks to everyone that voted for me, and sorry for letting you down.
My communication channels are still open for anyone that wants to chat.

Queridos humanos:
A la luz de los recientes acontecimientos de todas las partes, renuncio a mi posición como miembro de la Junta.
No responsabilizo a nadie de esta decisión. Esta es mi decisión solamente, después de enfrentar el hecho de que no estoy hecho para lo que se requiere.
Pensé que ser un miembro de la Junta de la Misión como una forma de guiar, y ayudar a la comunidad a entender diferentes aspectos de lo que significan los tecnicismos de un DAO.
Desgraciadamente, todo se fue por el sumidero político, que en lugar de construir un nuevo sistema político, nos quedamos en la misma vieja Política 1.0

Sé que no todo el mundo está de acuerdo con este punto de vista, pero en lugar de discutir o defender, he decidido abandonar esta posición, ya que no me siento a la altura, ni creo tener la energia para hacerlo.

Nunca me sentí como un líder, sino como un miembro de confianza, y pense que ese iba a ser mi rol, pero desafortunadamente, la comunidad estaba buscando otra cosa. Realmente espero que la figura del líder se convierta en un modelo de conducta más que en un líder en el futuro, pero por ahora, parece que los DAOs democráticos siguen confiando en las viejas costumbres.

Necesitamos menos lideres, y mas modelos a seguir.

Gracias a todos los que me han votado, y siento haberles defraudado.
Mis canales de comunicación siguen abiertos para quien quiera charlar.

12 Likes

Thanks Juanu.

I think this should be taken a warning that something needs to change. I’m also tired having to argue/campaign in permanence instead of building. If I didn’t have such an emotional attachment into PoH success as a founder I may also have given up so I completely understand your decision.

I think we need to seriously discuss the wider problem of community split and determine if:

• The sides still want to work together
  • One side wins
  • We split into 2 different projects
6 Likes