Use cases for Proof of Humanity and UBI

Building community depends on everyone at PoH. I think it is convenient to send ideas to developers who can create applications using PoH and UBI as leverage to improve the ecosystem and that the project scales organically generating utility for those who are part of it and demand for those who want to join it. Also, if you want to see something new that can be built with the potential of PoH or UBI this is a good place for someone to be encouraged to develop it.
Then depending on the need, each use case generates its own topic and even its own category in the forum.

5 Likes

I start.
A twitter-like social application or microblogging app open to everyone, but that its account verification process is precisely to be registered in PoH.

3 Likes

Universal login interface for non-web3 websites

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking on taking advantage of the “deceased” status to create some sort of dead man’s trigger to send assets or private info to someone else in case you die.

5 Likes

Today one booking.com account can reserve 10 places for the same dates and as long as they are refundable pay no costs while damaging the supply side (especially apartments and villas).
A POH would stop this and can be used in dex booking protocols.
Same for TripAdvisor style fake reviews.

8 Likes

From @owocki

A world where staking/micro-tipping replaces “likes” as the primary social network action :ok_hand:t2:

UBI for this

5 Likes

Yeah, we could have some system to curate content (think something like reddit up and down votes) burning UBI and giving a quadratic effect on content ranking (like burn 1 UBI for +1, 4 UBI for +2). By costing a bit, it would lead to a better expression of user preference and POH would be used to prevent sybil attacks (using multiple accounts to get more weight as 4 accounts burning 1 UBI would provide more boost than 1 account burning 4).

I recommend reading Radical Markets for more ideas on how it could work.

5 Likes

Very good proposal Clément. Quadratic voting is super interesting, I was recently immersed in a radicalxchange hackathon but nothing too serious on my part. I just caught up to learn about it and see some implementations. I will soon read Weyl’s book.

3 Likes

PoH as passwords and ssh keys manager. If my wallet is enabled and active: just log me in.

3 Likes

Some time ago, Vitalik mentioned the need to improve mechanisms for social recovery wallets. I wonder if there would be some way to use PoH in this context…
Why we need wide adoption of social recovery wallets.

6 Likes

+1 to the ideas shared by @ruben @clesaege — i could turn the code we have on GitHub - DemocracyEarth/dapp: Censorship resistant democracies. into a social application that burns ubi like that.

5 Likes

yes those type social media applications make alot of sense.

1 Like

Public procurement of all kinds seems the most obvious application to me. Some form of call-for-proposals-for-public-good-interventions → vote → fund process.

Funding could be results-based and require proof of implementation before (full) payout.

1 Like

It would be nice to develop a clear UI/smart contract to facilitate fair airdrops to people registered in Proof of Humanity.

A couple of weeks ago, Vitalik donated Shib to Gitcoin. Imagine if he had at his disposal an easy to use smart contract that automatically distributed the tokens to our 5k members.

If we meme it well, it can even become an standard procedure for launching a token.

7 Likes

Someone to develop a shopify-compliant payment gateway to allow ecommerce sites to receive payments with UBI

3 Likes

Yes, 100% IMO this would be huge.

1 Like

It’s already in dev phase… Will update as soon as is implemented

8 Likes

hi from gitcoin. my working list of things the world can do when sybil resistence is solved folows

• quadratic funding
  • quadratic voting
  • UBI
  • one-person-one-vote DAOs
  • data collectives
  • sybil resistent airdrops
  • direct democracy / liquid democracy
    • other use cases we havent discovered yet!
8 Likes

I mean, booking.com kinda sucks. I’d rather see PoH do a Couchsurfing - Clone first.

3 Likes

Couchsurfing and key signing parties for everyone!

2 Likes