Where will UBI v2 be deployed?

Will this project live in Mainnet? Gnosis Chain? a rollup? etc
If multiple chains, how will that work?

I think we are definitely going to update the proxy on mainnet. The delegated steaming will allow to drip tokens on a Layer 2 if you send the stream NFT to a bridge.

cc @juanu

1 Like

If you update the proxy, won’t the current balances be lost? They are stored in UBI.sol, aren’t they?
Will there be an UBI v1 → UBI v2 contract?

Took a look into it to see how streams work. I think they’re not implemented yet? I made a non-NFT proof of concept struct (the second one), that would save a lot of gas on transfers and simplifies edge cases considerably.
Making it NFT compatible might be possible too, but i haven’t looked into it.

1 Like

Balances are stored on the upgradeable. ubi.sol is just logic. Doesn’t store state.

1 Like

You should look at FLOWS which is the one qe are going to be releasing first. Streams will be at a later point on a separate hip.

Flows actually are the cheapest and still allow for NFT compatibility

1 Like

What’s the difference between flow and streams? I didn’t quite understand.

Is it that a flow means that all of the received UBI is relayed to the target, and streams allow you to customize?
Maybe flows could be a non-transferable ERC-20 instead of ERC-721. I don’t know what could be cheaper. But, UBI v2 should be deployed on its cheapest expression, especially if it’s going to continue in Mainnet for a bit more time.

Balances are stored on the upgradeable. ubi.sol is just logic. Doesn’t store state.

I don’t understand this, UBI.sol appears to have the balance mapping stored in itself, not in the proxy. This is also the case for UBI.sol v1. (nvm, I think I got it now)