Change requirement of written address into verbal spelling

Hi, I just signed up for the PoH demo and spent a long time converting and downsampling videos and photos probably around $100 in gas fees submitting and cancelling my submission (because it was flipped). I believe there’s already some proposals to turn the process into a single flow using the devices camera, where all that can be automated. I think that’s very good but I would add another change:

Drop the plaque requirement and move to a verbal spelling of the name. It seems like a small thing but having to find a pen or paper or a second screen is also complicated, specially if your wallet is the same device you’re using to film it!

Ideally you should open the app and simply read out loud instructions that would go something like this:

1. Smile and face the camera (takes photo)
  2. Read this agreement: “I am a unique human and not in the database”
  3. Read you address: “My address starts with the letter Uno Alpha Bravo Duo – Delta Charlie Trio Echo”

Notice that I am using some variant of NATO alphabet. Of course alternative ways would have to be considered can’t speak or hear and translations should be added for non English speakers"

(Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliett, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu, Uno, Duo, Trio, etc)

But I think this could definitely reduce the signup effort.

Thanks!

1 Like