Create UBIswap - Uniswap fork that burns UBI

Hi everyone,

What do you think about creating a Uniswap fork that charges additional 0,01pp that goes to a vault that every X blocks buys and burn $UBI? Actually I think that the implementation shouldn’t be a fork but a new UI that calls the existing Uniswap contracts, charging the additional 0,01pp. I would like that the buy and burn of UBI would be automatic in the same transaction but I’m afraid that a lot might be waste in gas. The UI could also have a switch between exchanges (UNI, Sushi, etc).

My idea came after what @santisiri said yesterday in the Twitter space. “If while playing FIFA I’m also burning UBIs, then playing FIFA actually has a purpose.” There are no single protocols that currently burn UBI, but we can offer the possibility in the same way that we are offering the UBI vault. So why not?

9 Likes

I think this is a great idea.

2 Likes

Amazing idea! I would definitely switch from Uniswap to UBIswap :pray:

Sounds like a great idea to me!

This was one of the projects i had in mind, i Even started a repo, what’s your tg handler?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a great idea! Already working on it as well!

4 Likes

looking forward to a repo on this… i find it particularly smart this can be done modifying ui only. makes plenty of sense to piggyback on the existing liquidity.

2 Likes

have you started working on this? I’d love to contribute.

1 Like

We created a group and checking diferent repos to fork

2 Likes

nice, would love to participate in the group if you don’t mind? tg @frimoldi

1 Like