[Hiring] Product Manager

@RoboTeddy and @clesaege the budget was already adjusted in order to accommodate a developer. I don’t understand why this point is still being brought up.

Ah! I did see that you updated your budget, which is very generous of you. I hope long-term that you can all earn closer to your market salaries. If your proposal were accepted, do you happen to know how much would be left over for an engineer?

1 Like

Around 75k in ETH, and the developer could also request an additional amount in UBI to complement it.

1 Like

Great! I think it would be fantastic for the DAO to accept your generous offer.

To help further support your candidacy — I’d be up for volunteering a minimum of 5 hrs / month (similar to @Justin) in support of any product/engineering work. I have deep experience in both, am a Y Combinator alum, have raised millions of dollars of non-profit funding in the past, and recently contributed a small code change that made a lot of people in the PoH telegram chat happy (it prevents people from losing their deposits due to a wrong video size)

P.S. would love to meet you! The calendly link in your post doesn’t seem to be working, though.

7 Likes

Thank you @RoboTeddy ! That’s very kind.

Looking forward to connecting with you! :smiley:

1 Like

In order to legally (according to our rules) hire @HBesso31 or @paulaberman and give them the flexibility they request, I believe we need to adopt another management onboarding procedure. The procedure suggested also has actual deadlines:)

Let me know what you think (preferably in the proposal thread).

2 Likes

I created a poll on Snapshot about whether or not our application can be considered valid. Please vote:

https://snapshot.org/#/poh.eth/proposal/QmVV6zGqmy3qBYjh9opcm8a1v6CdEq3cgD1BBR1Kt6yPsb

If we get a positive vote there, we can simply move forward with the process here. The alternative (what @Mads is proposing) would take a lot of precious time, which in my view could be better spent.

3 Likes

I’m not against team applications. But to me it makes more sense that applying teams also come with a technical expert.

So the DAO “hires” a full team and then this team will have the responsibility of managing all things related to PoH/UBI (marketing, community management, technical, etc.) until the next “election”.

Also, I think we shouldn’t use Snapshot as a polling system. Preferably let’s use a polling app and only use Snapshot for voting.

3 Likes

This is a violation of HIP-5

and not a valid signalling proposal. It would be a highly biased and undemocratic result (as opponents have no way to express their concerns).

So are we in the process or are we out? Can you clarify?

We can kickstart a selection process where we’ll evaluate candidates and then have them apply separately to be evaluated by the Kleros team as well. To be clear, we would not be applying as a team that includes a dev, as it is hard to tell how long it would take to find the right person and this could significantly and unnecessarily delay our own process. Instead, me, Sofia and the people volunteering to help us will assist the DAO with the process of finding a dev.

We’ve updated our application to remove the artist from our team and review our budget given the volatility of ETH. We hope this addresses some of the concerns being brought up by a team application (the fact that we were reserving to ourselves the right to choose a team member) while also maintaining what we consider to be a realistic offer, given the expectations for this role entail more work than what one of us could do alone. We continue to be extremely flexible budget wise and want to make it work within the constraints of the DAO, while also allocating a large budget for the developer hire.

In this post I shared our thinking with regards to duo vs. team application in more detail [Phase-2]: HIP-13 Adopt a management onboarding procedure - #4 by paulaberman

Hello everyone,

Hope this message finds you well, here is a quick update on my candidacy to be the next PM. This is a position that really excites me and that I know I can jump in and start contributing right away.

My goal is to bring practicality to the position in order to get shit done. I am prepared to switch my current freelance position and devote 100% of my time to implementing and growing what the community wants from PoH. Since I have been working as a Product Manager for the past 4 years my bread and butter is interacting with stakeholders (community) to see what is resonating and getting traction in a production (mainnet) environment. Also, I commit myself to have a groomed backlog that has gone through the proper analysis and community feedback which will make the developer’s life easier as he will just be focused on implementing all the technical aspects of features, bugs, or any task coming our way that needs development.

In my latest interview with @clesaege, @federicoast and Stuart, I clearly voiced my weakness which is that I don’t have the academic credentials in self-sovereign identity theory or liquid democracy in action, I acknowledge that and if selected it would be the first topic I would dive into to make sure I have the right context when analyzing and implementing any new development for PoH. Another topic discussed was my crypto-credentials.

My crypto credentials are:

• Received and still holding 2 UNI airdrops (800) from tinkering with the protocol back in September 2020, which is to say I have interacted with Ethereum for about 1 year and I am comfortable using and explaining it to the laymen (based on fees.wtf I’ve used 27.907 million gas (2.423 ETH) to send 194 transactions, with an average price of 90.6 gwei since June 2020)
  • Contribute smart contract documentation to a couple of DeFi protocols to simplify the big functions and interfaces inside those protocols (links down below)
  • Udemy certificate for completing Ethereum Blockchain Developer Bootcamp with Solidity
  • My degenscore (degenscore.com) is 80 which according to their gauge puts me at Ape status =P

https://docs.fujidao.org/developers/contracts/vaults
https://docs.cream.finance/developer/crtokens

These credentials are tongue-in-cheek as they are not really credentials but my point is that I am working on getting better and will not quit in the face of adversity just because there is another token or farm popping up somewhere, I am convinced Ethereum will be the leading protocol in crypto for our long-term future as it will be the most valuable censorship-resistant protocol out there.

I hope I can make a good impression with that and I am open to any questions there might be about my candidacy. At the end of the day, I will support the selected PM with anything I can and still will be active in the community to reach as many humans as we can.

Best regards from Hamburg, Germany.
Ivan

1 Like

Also, forgot to mention the actions that we talked about which is something I also talked to @Mads about in our interview is, how to make $UBI appreciate and rise in value. The biggest quick-win is to build a better Frontend to the UBIDAI vault (human.money) so each member of the community can pitch it to investors an/or philanthropists that wish to donate to a great cause.

Another action - and maybe the most important is how to allow $UBI holders to do something with it and not pay an exorbitant fee in Ethereum L1. @clesaege voiced concerns about Polygon and the right strategy would be to jump in a roll-up as soon as they give developers the green light. It raises the question, if it would be too long to wait for the roll-ups given no clear agenda has been laid out?

This two actions alone, which would consume the PM and the developer full time for the next month or two, would be clear improvements to the registry and the UBI tokenomics.

Looking forward to any feedback.

@iafhurtado I’m actively working myself on the UI development for the human.money vaults, you can keep track of my github pushes for this. and the Polygon bridge for the token has been announced yesterday.

3 Likes

I come with an updated proposal and my progress report on things done and in progress.

TL;DR:
I am proposing as a single full-time PM. My main goal is to configure an enabler environment for anyone to work on developing their ideas, find collaboration matches and resources for realizing both for-profit and non-profit endeavors that push up the price of $UBI while facilitating the use of PoH as an identification method.

Even though I am proposing as one PM. The polycentric product manager strategy relies on including the community in the development of the ecosystem. Where I would be the only one accountable by the DAO for the deployment of the strategy.
For this, the annual budget asked to the DAO is $129,000 for the 5 bounty bags all in $UBI. Plus the total annual salary for me of $11,437.6 in $UBI + 4 ETH. Therefore, a total of: $140,437.6 USD in $UBI + 4 ETH.

Looking forward to your interview and feedbacks.
Feel free to schedule a call here

Hello friends and fellow humans,

I want to see Proof of Humanity become an independent and self-sufficient project. Right now Proof of Humanity is dependent on and entwined with Kleros.

I see a future for Proof of Humanity with an independent foundation, the Proof of Humanity Foundation, working with the DAO and the community.

Today it’s not clear what the path to independence for Proof of Humanity looks like. What will the relationship between PoH and Kleros look like? It is clear there’s going to need to be significant fundraising. A project with our scope and ambition is extremely challenging and requires a hardworking team and a lot of time, and success will require a lot more budget.

I am willing to join this project with founder level commitment if I have a mandate to create the Proof of Humanity Foundation. If our mission board and Kleros stakeholders will endorse and support a mandate for independence for Proof of Humanity, I am ready to take on the responsibility of creating a strong foundation for us to build and grow together.

I am requesting that we please convene a meeting of the mission board to discuss our mission and the mandate for the future of Proof of Humanity. Let us show strong leadership and forge a new future for humanity together.

Your humble servant,
Ryan Petroff

There is already a DAO for that and a foundation would be a backward move centralizing the project. Moreover, for a project having the goal to be an institution encompassing all humans, setting itself under the jurisdiction of particular state would harm this purpose.
Anything a foundation can do, the DAO can do better.