This proposal is inspired by the applications that the DAO received to the product manager position. Two of the applicant, @paulaberman and @HBesso31, applied to the position with one (@paulaberman- Sofia Cossar) or several (@HBesso31 - Ryan Cwynar/Cami Arias/Anna Kaic) required team members.
This introduces a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem since the DAO is currently only authorized to hire employees individually (through the HIP-2) procedure but the applicants will only agree to be hired if they can have their team along.
In order to solve this problem, I propose that we adopt the following procedure.
- A new thread is created for management onboarding
- A deadline for new applications is set between 1 and 64 weeks through a snapshot poll.
- Applicant put forward their team/budget/financing plan for at least one year of operation.
- At the application deadline, an additional week is accorded for discussion.
- We vote to determine our order of preference for the applicants.
- The preferred applicant will propose a final team/budget/financing plan within a week.
- We make a formal accept/reject vote
- On rejection, the next runner-up application is given a chance to present their plan on the same terms.